An API for the tidal and water level data in Norway is available, and our widget makes it possible to show tide tables directly on your website.
Water level data are available through an API (Application Programming Interface), which makes it possible to extract data and integrate them with your own systems.
The API is open for everybody and does not require registration, but the Norwegian Mapping Authority, Hydrographic Service must be credited, since we are licensee of the data.
The use of the data are licensed through Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 international (CC BY 4.0).
Please send us feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org, especially if you use the data to create new services or apps.
Get tidal forecast on your website (widget)
Our widget makes it easy for you to show tide tables from Norway directly on your website, giving your visitors updated tidal information directly from the Norwegian Mapping Authority, Hydrographic Services' database.
The widget is of value for marinas, local media, beaches, campsites and Norwegian coastal municipality eg.
How to embed the widget:
- On Se havnivå, search for the place/position you wish to collect a tidal forecast from.
- To the right, below the next expected high tide prediction, you will find the meny item </>.
- Click on the menu item </>.
- Copy the code and embed it in your own publishing platform.
- English Widget: Add language=en to the URL (web address).
The official publication giving the tide tables for the Norwegian coasts and Svalbard, "Tidevannstabeller for den norske kyst med Svalbard", is available for download as a pdf, free of charge.